Are you interested in contributing to environmental sustainability in another country? Consider this MOOC TA. (MOOCs are online courses that engage large numbers of people from many countries).
Through the Sustainability MOOC TA, Cornell Students will:
- Interact with students from all around the world in a series of MOOCs taught on EdX and EdX Edge.
- Participate in a workshop on using digital media (e.g., ComicLife) to convey sustainability messages in international contexts
- Participate in a workshop on navigating multicultural perspectives in an online environment.
- Contribute to social media posts and discussion forums with MOOC participants
- Partner with a MOOC student to develop a digital media project (e.g., an online comic) that conveys information to promote sustainability in the MOOC student’s university or workplace.
- Partner with a MOOC student to complete a course final project.
- Connect virtually with MOOC TAs in China through web conference calls and social media (WeChat)
Credit: 2-3 credits depending on level of engagement
- Two credits: Participate in two Saturday workshops and in weekly meetings, follow MOOC lectures and readings, and contribute to MOOC social media.
- Three credits: Above requirements plus develop digital media project with MOOC
Eligibility: Cornell undergraduates (must have completed freshman year), graduate students and other members of the Cornell community are welcome to join.
Meeting Time: Wednesdays, 7:30-8:30PM.
We welcome students who speak foreign languages and will attempt to partner you with a MOOC student speaking your preferred language. We commonly have Chinese, Portuguese, Farsi, Spanish, and Korean students in our MOOCs, although other languages possible.
Why the MOOC TA for me?
- Learn how to use social and new digital media for educational purposes
- Practice a foreign language
- Connect with students and professionals across the US and in countries around the world who share your interests (e.g., sustainable agriculture, water quality)
- Help promote environmental stewardship and education
- Participate in an international, Engaged Cornell experience
Fill out a short survey to indicate your interest. You will be contacted by Anne Armstrong after filling out the survey. https://cornell.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9WDgjBpMFVAtO1n
Questions? Contact Anne Armstrong, email@example.com
This opportunity is supported by funding from Engaged Cornell and Internationalizing the Curriculum.